
This week I am finally hanging up my
"hooter hider." I have so many mixed emotions. On
one hand it is so nice to be finished nursing but on the other
hand I have to let my little baby grow up. Adam is nine
months old and he recently decided that he was
done nursing. I tried to hold on but he would have nothing
to do with it. I have nursed all of my other children for
almost a year and I wanted to be fair. My doctor
told me to start him on a bottle a few months ago because he
wasn't gaining enough weight. I really think he just preferred
the bottle. So needless to say...I am FREE!!! But a little sad
to see my baby grow up.
12 comments:
It's always a bitter-sweet moment! Very quickly though the new sense of freedom takes over and off you go! Do those hooter hiders really work well? I always just use a blanket, but once they get older they just pull the blanket right off their head!
You beat me! Brock only nursed for a month, I felt so guilty for quitting but after a few weeks it was great. Now if only formula wasn't so expensive! 3 more months then they can have regular milk, hooray!
Great job for lasting this long!
man, i wish my kids would self wean!! i'm jealous! i've either got long road of nursing or a big battle ahead! it is hard to let go though, i remember feeling guilty with jack, but got over it pretty quick!
I wish breast feeding wasn't so inconvenient. It is sad to see them grow up!
That is a tough one. IT is very nice to have your life (and breasts) back but still very sad because they don't need you like they do. I nursed my twins for a year and sometimes (in my weak moments) I wish I still had that connection with them. Now they just yell at me to get them choco milk. Your pictures from Disneyland are great, looks like you guys had a great time.
I don't have much to say about the hooter hider except congratulations!!!-anyways it was so great seeing you!!! let's talk soon!!!
I'm sorry to hear that nursing ended on a sad note. My other Utah friend had to quit nursing #3 at 9 months recently and she too was sad to see it come to an end.
You are a great mom! Keep up the good work.
Good and bad. Now the HH is waiting for baby #4, right? lol
It is definitely a mixed bag while leading up to the big decision, but I am certain that once you are past that part you will remember why you enjoy being a non-breastfeeding mother! I didn't make it as long with # 3 as I wanted to either, but once we got thru all that, it was so nice to be myself again! Your kids are so adorable. Fun to see you for a few minutes when we were there in October! Miss you!
Congrats! Now you can come back and re-join the "No Boobs" club with me. It's funny how every baby is so different with that, huh? It was good to see you the other day!
Is it seriously called the "hooter hider"??? Good luck with the change. I am sure Shane is happy!
I am with you I hate seeing my baby grow up, of course he is now
3, but since I don't have a new one yet he is all I've got. I definetly don't miss nursing though, and I only nursed Ty until he was 8 mo, he just seem to like the bottle better too. It's just that stinkin' formula costs so much. I admire all your hard work.
Post a Comment