Going to Europe has been my life long dream. I never expected to make it to London at this time in my life. We left Alexis and Aaron in Utah with my mom and Adam came with us. We are so thankful that we could leave our kids with my mom. Traveling with a 3 month old baby is a little crazy but Adam did awesome. It took us over a day to get to London. We had to get up early the next day, to go to Colchester where my dad served his mission. My dad came for the first few days to show us around the crazy city of London.
This is an English family from Colchester that my
dad taught. It was so intersting to actually go to
these peoples homes.
The next day we got on a double decker bus to see the city.
This is the Tower of London. We were able to see the crown jewels
and many relics from many years ago.
The next day my Dad and I went shopping while Shane went to work.
In the afternoon we went to Windsor Castle which is
the Queen's summer home.
so interesting to see another way of life. The London people drive
faster and more aggressive than anyone I have ever seen, and
I used to live in Baltimore, Maryland. But the people are the most
"lovely" people I have ever met. They are so kind and polite. I loved
their accents. The food wasn't that bad and I loved the fish and chips.
London is the most expensive place I have ever been with the pound
being worth double the American dollar. But we are so glad to have
been able to get a glimpse of such an old and interesting culture.
14 comments:
that is so great, I am glad to see you had a great time, and Adam is getting soo big, soo fast...
I am so happy for you that you got this opportunity (and I'll admit, a light shade of green with envy). You know how you have many places you'd like to visit in your lifetime, but one place in particular tops your list? Mine is England. I'd love to see London, but my dream is actually the English countryside and Jane Austen country. I'd love to tour those big ol' homes and imagine what it would have been like at the turn of the 19th Century.
Thanks for posting pictures! I've been looking forward to seeing them ever since you first announced you were going!
How amazing! I can't believe you actually got to visit all of those historic places. Just thinking you got to see the actual castle where the Queen of England lives and all the other sites. What a chance of a lifetime. That is so great too that your Dad was there and that's where he served. What a sweet experience!
wow looks like you had fun!!! Adam is so very cute!! It was so great to talk to you today! I will be seeing you soon-Aug. yeah!!!!
i'm so jealous, i want to go to london or anywhere in europe really. it looks like you had a great time, those are some priceless pictures.
love ya.
lisa
It looks like you had a great time. I love all the pictures! That's neat that your dad got to come with you to show you around. I guess it pays to have someone work for the airlines! I have never been to Europe, and am dying to go someday! We're in Sun Valley right now, but when we get home we need to get together.
Kristina! It looks amazing! Looks like you made it to all the great sights, plus a little shopping! I have been checking daily for this post... especially with the phone tag! So glad you made it to Windsor... Adam looks like such a trooper! So glad you guys could make that memory. There's only one thing that could have made it a little better...a sweet layover in Columbus! We'll make it work next time.
Looks like you had a great time! Good for you guys. Your baby is so darling! lucky baby globe-trotting already. :)
Could I be any more jealous? How fun! Europe is on my "one day" list. I'm so glad you got to cross it off yours.
I'm not talking to you. I'm too jealous.
How exciting! What an adventure. I am impressed that you took your 3month old, but I guess it's better than taking a 3 year old!
Hope you guys are doing well. You can get to my blog from Devri's!
Love, Shantil
Looks like so much fun!! What a great opportunity to see another part of the world, and what a nice time to spend with your hubby!!
What an amazing opportunity! Looks like you had such a great time. London is like my all time dream vacation, I am soooo jealous. Thanks for posting pictures! I'm soo happy you had a great eime, but glad your back!
What a wonderful experience! Good for you guys. It's such a nice feeling knowing that your kids are safe and sound while you are away.
Post a Comment