Sunday, March 22, 2009

RSV and more


If you look closely at this picture it depicts what
we have been doing for the past two weeks.
Alexis was home sick for an entire week of school.
We later found out that she had RSV, which she gave
to little Adam. He had to have breathing treatments,
an antibiotic, and had to be watched very carefully.
How scary! I had heard of people getting this horrible
sickness but I never thought it would happen to my family.
So after a week of being home with Alexis, I got to stay
home with Adam for another week. Luckily the weather was
beautiful and my kids were able to play in the back yard.
Amidst the two sick kids I decided to potty train Aaron.
After all, I was stuck at home for two weeks. So here is
Aaron with his "big boy pants." He is doing pretty well
with only one instance of peeing on the floor when I
put him in his room as a time out. I have learned to
never leave a kid alone when potty training. So needless
to say we have had an eventful two weeks and we are
just happy to be able to leave the house. Here
are some pics of what we did the past few weeks.


Playing in the 70 degree weather.


Happy Saint Patty's Day!


Decorating Easter Eggs.



12 comments:

Steph said...

OH NO! So sorry, that is aweful! So far we have avoided the dreaded RSV....knock on wood! Glad its over, and bonus you potty trained too! That is always a nice thing to cross off the list! Cute, cute kids!

CD Black said...

This just proves that life is a roller coaster. The higher you go (ie European trip with hubby) the farther you fall. Drats! I'm sorry you had so much scary sickness. Also, I'm sorry that you'll have to clean a bathroom that a little boys uses. Ugh! Probably the worst side affect of having boys! April 21 is the day my friend. And then we'll have to name it. Trials! And what if I get another boy who pees all over the bathroom. I guess all the more blessings in Heaven!

Shanna and Brent said...

ugh... so sorry you had to go through that.. but at least you don't have 2 kids in diapers anymore!!! yeah!!!! see.. there's always a silver lining ha ha ha!!

Ro said...

that stinks to be house bound for so long (we had to do the same thing for a few weeks)! sorry about the rsv, thats no fun! thats awesome you've potty trained aaron though! you'll have to give me the scoop and tell me all of your tricks! i have yet to potty train jack!

The Parks Fam said...

ohhh no!! The dreaded RSV!! Its pretty much the scariest thing I have ever dealt with so far. I HATE it! Glad everyone is on the mend! And YAY the Aaron is potty trained. HOORAY!

Kiersten said...

I am glad everyone is feeling better. That is so great about Aaron, you are seriously amazing! Especially after hearing about how you shop the grocery deals and are so organized! Dinner was so fun last week. We should go every week except the weeks just whiz by, maybe every month then:) Your pictures of the kids are cute as always!

Guatemalamama said...

What a horrible week. No wonder you didn't pick up the phone when I called you today.

Lindsey said...

What a bummer! RSV is so scary! Glad to hear everyone is doing better! Way to go on the potty training!

Devri said...

that is scary, baby has pnuemonia right now..So I know how you feel!

yeah so I can't spell!

Candace said...

I'm so glad that this is all behind you. What a sad thing to have RSV. I love the cute little St. Patricks Day pic of your boys. They are so handsome!
Decorating Easter Eggs already, I guess that we need to get on the ball!

Tiffney said...

I am impressed as always! If RSV is not traumatic enough you go and throw potty training, and decorating Easter eggs on top. You are the champion. I love the pictures! Your kids are darling.

Ashly said...

That is no fun! Hopefully spring is going to come and stay this time. Cute pictures of the kids!